High School & College Coaching
Helping Students in Crisis
As a parent, you may be witnessing your teen lacking motivation and energy. Maybe your kid feels they are doing everything they are supposed to be doing but somehow still feel lost, like they don’t have a true passion. Instead of asking for help, they may withdraw from the world, struggling to share with you what’s really going on. It’s tough to watch someone you love suffering so much.
Coaching Can Help Your Teen Handle Life’s Challenges
Do any of the following sound familiar?
- They prefer to be left alone even though it makes them more depressed
- They can’t stop themselves from being on their phone — it helps them cope but also keeps them disconnected from the world
- They struggle with social anxiety, the stress of social situations is sometimes too much to handle
- They have difficulty keeping up in school
- They are often feeling down, unmotivated, and unenthusiastic about activities
- They don’t feel sure of themselves, lacking the confidence to put themselves out there
- They don’t express how they feel and what you can do to support them — you see their pain and don’t know how to help
Perhaps your teen finds it difficult to decide what to do or how to do it. Instead of flourishing and developing resilience, they are experiencing apathy and overwhelm.
Coaching Can Help Your Teen Get To A Better Place
Imagine if your teen was confident and flourishing. That they could communicate how they feel and what they want.
As your teen’s therapist, we will collaborate on how to go from feeling stuck to taking action. With newfound confidence and a stronger sense of self, your teen will feel empowered to design a fulfilling life and take steps to make it happen.
Our work will give them communication skills to have difficult conversations even when they are feeling big or difficult emotions. Skills that will benefit their ability to form meaningful relationships and go from your current disconnected relationship to one where you all are on the same team.
What Makes Me Different: Decades Of Experience Helping Teens Inside of The Classroom and Out
As a teacher and professor for over two decades, I have the experience to help your child navigate the rocky waters of adolescence. I know what they are facing first hand because I’m also in the classroom, talking and listening to their experiences every day, and understanding what they are up against as both an educator and mental health professional.
Over the years, I have worked with thousands of young people, helping them develop their voice and deepen their understanding of who they are, who they want to be, and also how to get there.
Get Started with Your Free Consultation
Help your adolescent or young adult get unstuck today. During our free consultation, we can discuss why you are considering coaching for your teen and explore how I can help.